A post I wrote for Less Wrong: Back to the Basics of Rationality.
4 more debates added to the debates page.
A short discussion post I wrote for Less Wrong: An Overview of Formal Epistemology.
- Some theists analyze Richard Carrier on Bayes’ Theorem and decide he needs to team up with an expert in probability.
- William Lane Craig reviews his “debate” with Richard Dawkins.
- All the content from IEEE Spectrum’s special June issue on the Singularity.
- Hey look! I made an animated gif illustrating paranoia.
- Diaries of the Late God.
- Video lectures from MIT’s course on Douglas Hofstadter’s ‘Godel, Escher, Bach.’
- Video: My favorite overview of 2010.
- Unlike those crappy History Channel documentaries on the pyramids or whatever, this one is a real mystery.
- A yacht accidentally witnesses the birth of a new island in the South Pacific. Photos included.
- 30 Most Offensive Church Signs.
- ex-apologist: One of the main reasons I think Christianity is false is…
- Illogical beliefs reference manual.
- Michael De Dora considers some objections to philosophy.
- Is the “decline effect” real, or is science just correcting itself?
- 25 Most Influential Living Atheists.
- 2010 tied as the warmest year on record. Climate change skeptics: we will NOT enjoy saying “We told you so.”
- Vampire Weekend vs. The Black Keys on The Colbert Report.
- Frictionless cars in GTA4 = Carmageddon.
- A very nice chart showing where America’s debt comes from.
- What do neuroscientists know about boosting your brain? Vitamin B doesn’t work, but strategy games and nicotine do.
- Philosopher and blogger Richard Chappell offers his year-end summary.
- Whose Line Is It Anyway returns!
- Yup, we basically just vote for the better-looking one. Amazing we haven’t blown ourselves up yet.
- Study: “People are happier when busy than when idle, even when busyness is forced upon them.”
- Chris Dillow reacts against using “single” as a term of abuse, and blames easily marriageable people for… lots.
- Slavoj Zizek on Wikileaks and The Dark Knight, compares Julian Assange to The Joker.
- The Tea Party and the call to political violence and hate.
- Video interview: Inside the minds of animals.
- NPR’s All Things Considered episode on the Singularity.
- Co-author of the most-cited physics publication in the past 25 years calculates the odds of the Singularity.
- Luke Barnes critiques Ikeda & Jeffries’ rebuttal to Robin Collins’ fine-tuning argument: Part 1, Part 2.
- Philosopher Russell Blackford reviews Sam Harris’ book The Moral Landscape.
- Tim McGrew vs. Ed Babinski on the reliability of the gospels.
Previous post: How We Know There Is No God