By the way, progress on the naturalism project continues. It’s just kinda slow because we’re a team of volunteers who need to work on other things to pay the rent.
A discussion post I wrote for Less Wrong: Philosophy of Artificial Intelligence.
A regular post I wrote for Less Wrong: David Chalmers’ “The Singularity: A Philosophical Analysis”.
- Antarctica expedition time-lapse video.
- In Super Mario 64, a 1up mushroom will chase you endlessly, providing a thrilling new mini-game.
- In 1997, an IBM computer beat Kasparov at chess. Now, an IBM computer has beaten humans at Jeopardy.
- Walmart’s healthy foods announcement is a big deal. Also see the book ‘Nudge.’
- Bill Maher on the Tea Party movement. Hilarious!
- In detail, how the Obama administration lied to you about Wikileaks.
- ‘No Strings Attached’ disappoints because it does NOT, after all, move beyond repressive Hollywood sexuality.
- Colbert makes fun of Rush Limbaugh for being a clueless backwards racist.
- Today I learned that web addresses need not use English letters. Copy/paste this into your address bar, I promise it’s not porn: викислив.рф
- Russia’s own Wikileaks takes off.
- Rise of the Robo Scientists: Machines can devise hypotheses, test them, and assess the results (without human biases).
- Singularity 101 at Good magazine.
- Steven Novella on Bayes’ Theorem and pseudoscience.
- This is handy: Extraordinary-Claims.com.
- “Dantzig solved two open problems in statistics, which he had mistaken for homework after arriving late to a lecture.”