Paper of the week: DePoe, “Vindicating a Bayesian Approach to Confirming Miracles.” DePoe explains the Bayesian way of confirming miracles, and responds to Sobel’s criticism.
A post I wrote for Less Wrong: How to Beat Procrastination.
- Julian Assange on ’60 Minutes’, really excellent: Part 1, Part 2.
- Terrifying Frontline documentary on for-profit universities.
- Here’s a great piece on Brazil’s rise as a (non-violent) superpower.
- This bitch dances better than I do!
- Science Hall of Fame.
- Are intuitions good evidence?
- Video: spider catches insect in a net (not a web) it built.
- Animal rights activists should help fund research on how to grow meat in a lab.
- Video: Animal intelligence: what we know so far.
- Top 10 transhumanist technologies.
- Author of SMBC webcomic tricks anti-gay website into displaying a pro-gay message on its blog.
- Charles what the hell are you doing!?!?!
- Scott Adams (of Dilbert) proposes the Mockability Test.
- Thank God for supermarkets.
- Don’t ever interrupt me while I’m reading a book!
- YouTube playlist: 50+ songs based on Pachelbel’s Canon. Are we done with that one yet?
- The Male Privilege Checklist.
- Beautiful animated romantic dancing video.
- From self-help guru Steve Pavlina: 10 Reasons You Should Never Have a Religion.
- Video: Egyptian police kill an unarmed boy.
- My favorite home workout videos.
- Funny and informative video on quantitative easing.
- Michael Albert video interview on his life as a leading revolutionary political theorist and activist.
- What Ancient Greek philosophy was not like.
- 1997 Dreyfuss/Dennett debate on the feasibility of strong AI.
- A simple paradox concerning God’s goodness.
- Bill O’Reilly’s Top 8 Science Fails.
- An overview of published scientific studies on how men can attract women.
- The full story of Paul Haggis’ defection from Scientology.
- TIME Magazine’s article on the Singularity.
- Today there is joy. Egyptians have overthrown their U.S.-supported tyrant.
Previous post: A Brief Reply to Wes Widner