This blog has content very similar to Common Sense Atheism.
I updated Ethics and Superintelligence again.
I will be posting on the Reading Yudkowky series more frequently for a while so I can get through them all.
- Sometimes, conspiracy theories turn out to be true. Here is one enraging but hilarious example (video).
- Wikipedia as a force of evil?
- Rock historian Piero Scaruffi says Joanna Newsom’s Have One On Me is the best rock album since 1998′s Ocean Songs by Dirty Three.
- Latest space shuttle launch, viewed from a plane, in HD. Isn’t it awesome that we all have HD cameras in our phones now?
- Tons of great links on machine ethics.
- Freeman Dyson: How We Know.
- Why is American TV never this good? BBC previews the new series Human Planet.
- The most respected climate change skeptic in the world, Freeman Dyson, explains why he doubts the scientific consensus.
- Wow. Scott Walker’s bill is so much worse than I even knew.
- Interesting Times is a free self-help webzine for extreme people, helping you thrive in a cyberpunk world.
- Lots of great advice on social skills, attire, body language, etc.
- Glad I missed it: The 9 Most Scathing Reviews of the 2011 Oscars show.
- Bayesian epistemology: the short version.
- Epistemology in classical Indian philosophy.
- A history of silicon valley.
- Hey look! Somebody is as dismissive of the Mary argument against physicalism as I am of the zombie argument against physicalism!
- Why are there so few women working in the physical sciences at elite universities? A debate with video.
- Designer babies will be godless achievement machines.
- Singularity 101, a podcast episode.
- A progress report on our attempts to make robots self-aware.
- The perils of precaution.
- Noesis: A search engine for philosophical research online.
- Take On It is building up a database of world experts’ opinions on yes/no questions.
- Don’t get too excited about the “alien life discovered” news story just yet.
- Bradley Manning and the stench of U.S. hypocrisy.
- Robin Hanson and Karl Smith discuss the economics of artificial intelligence.