Another post I wrote for Less Wrong: How to Be Happy.
Gold & Scasselati, “Using Probabilistic Reasoning Over Time to Self-Recognize.”
Before Common Sense Atheism, I created and ran a blog called Free Albums Galore, which reviewed and linked only to entire albums available for free. I then managed to hand it off to “Marvin” to run, and the blog is still going strong! Props to Marvin for running the site much longer than I did. The header image art is still the best graphic design I’ve ever done. :)
Quote of the day: “Being atheist is like being the only sober person in the car and no one will let you drive.”
- Christopher Hitchens, Master of Smackdown.
- Evolutionary psychology: a primer.
- New word of the day: Sphexishness.
- Dude plays trance song on a guitar. Awesome!
- Tokyo skyscraper waves back and forth in 8.9 earthquake.
- OMG humans are horrible things.
- Donald Duck did Inception before Chris Nolan did.
- Probably the best National Geographic video ever.
- Yet another cognitive bias identified: Our handedness affects our judgment of the quality of things in our environment.
- Reminder: in 2003, Iran offered to enter talks to drop their nuclear program and accept Israel. USA turned them down.
- Richard Carrier on moral ontology.
- The successful Egyptian revolution was planned and coordinated over the course of several years. Video documentary.
- Mathematician answers: How do I find the love of my life?
- My favorite fast food restaurant has won.
- A brief history of movie title sequences.
- People being awesome.
- Salman Khan speaks at TED.
- Want to undertand the nuclear risks in Japan? For the past several days, the best explanations are on the Rachel Maddow show.
- Want to feel good? Watch these 15-second research videos of babies being altruistic.
Previous post: Reading Yudkowsky, part 21