The annual Singularity Summit will be on October 15th and 16th in New York City at the 92nd Street Y. It’s a TED-style event on future technology full of exciting speakers, industry leaders, and great networking opportunities.
Register here; the price jumps by $100 at the end of September! Speakers include:
- Tyler Cowen, GMU economist, blogger at Marginal Revolution, author of Discover Your Inner Economist
- Ken Jennings, Jeopardy! champion (longest winning streak), competitor to IBM’s Watson computer
- Stephen Wolfram, creator of Mathematica and Wolfram Alpha, author of A New Kind of Science
- Michael Shermer, publisher of Skeptic magazine, columnist at Scientific American, author of The Believing Brain
- Ray Kurzweil, inventor and futurist, author of The Singularity is Near
- Christof Koch, chief scientific officer of the Allen Institute for Brain Science, author of The Quest for Consciousness
- Peter Thiel, co-founder of Paypal, investor, philanthropist, founder of the Thiel Foundation
- Max Tegmark, MIT physics professor, director of Foundational Questions Institute,
- Eliezer Yudkowsky, co-founder of Machine Intelligence Research Institute
- Jason Silva, TV personality and filmmaker
- …and many more!
Previous post: Vote for ‘The Goal of Philosophy Should Be To Kill Itself’
Next post: The Art of Plain Talk