SMBC on the Gettier problem and quantum field theory.
Interview with Peter Boghossian about how professors should challenge students’ groundless (often faith-based) beliefs with facts.
- Programming for human beings: “Literate programming.”
- Mirror image cells could kill millions of people.
- “Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”? Not true. Here’s Christopher Hitchens.
- A $500 home molecular biology laboratory?
- Nintendo’s Miyamoto is leaving Mario and Zelda to other designers so he can work on smaller, more personal games.
- Quick answers for global warming skeptics.
- Correlation vs. causation.
- Say more, justify less.
- The short, simple case against having ads on Wikipedia.
- The inaugural lecture for the Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology, by Eric Drexler.
- Should we make pandemic bird flu viruses?
- Best of the web 2011 HD.
- Portugal’s alternate gaming history: What happens when a country misses the NES?
- Literally the most amazing college football play I have ever seen in my life.