Today I interview Biblical scholar and philosopher Gregory Dawes about his book Theism and Explanation. My thanks to ex-apologist for the notice about Greg’s book, which prompted me to ask Greg for the interview.
Topics discussed include:
- methodological naturalism
- seeking the best explanation
- intelligent design
- Greg’s favorite Christian apologist, and his favorite atheistic argument
Download CPBD episode 007 with Gregory Dawes. Total time is 42:43.
- Greg’s profile at University of Otago.
- Greg’s Theism and Explanation
- A preview of Theism and Explanation at Google Books
- A review of Theism and Explanation at Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, by Bradley Monton
- Greg’s The Historical Jesus Question: The Challenge of History to Religious Authority
- A preview of The Historical Jesus Question at Google Books
- Bayesian inference (Wikipedia)
- Abductive reasoning (Wikipedia)
- Richard Swinburne
- Alvin Plantinga’s response to Paul Draper’s argument from evil
- Don Cupitt, John Shelby Spong, and theological non-realism
Previous post: Intro to Logic: Techniques of Critical Thinking