Here it is, the first episode of my new podcast, Conversations from the Pale Blue Dot (CPBD). I’ll be interviewing experts of all religions, worldviews, and opinions. It’s an interfaith podcast, hosted by an atheist.
In today’s episode, I:
- Tell my personal deconversion story.
- Interview Robert Russell, founder of the Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences.
- Answer the first listener question, “What is atheism?”
Robert Russell is a professional physicist and ordained theologian studying the interaction of today’s science and religion. He is the founder of the Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences, a long-term judge for the Templeton Prize, and author of Cosmology: From Alpha to Omega.
Among other things, we discuss:
- how quantum mechanics might inform the Christian’s understanding of how God acts in the world
- how evolution might inform the Christian’s understanding of sin
- the interaction between science and religion
- the future of science and religion
Download CPBD episode 001 with Robert Russell. Total time is 47:09.
- Robert’s page at the Graduate Theological Union
- The Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences
- Robert’s book: Cosmology: From Alpha to Omega
- Robert’s essay: Bridging Science and Relgion: Why it Must be Done
- TV series exploring the same issues: Closer to Truth
My apologies for the audio quality; I’m still working on that.
Let me know what you think, and submit your own questions for me to answer on the show!