Today I interview philosopher Timothy O’Connor. Among other things, we discuss:
- How to talk about a God who is ‘totally other’.
- How could God be simple?
- Why is there something rather than nothing?
- Tim’s improvement to Leibniz’s cosmological argument
- Philosophy vs. apologetics
Download CPBD episode 035 with Timothy O’Connor. Total time is 58:03.
Timothy O’Connor links:
- Timothy O’Connor
- Tim at Indiana University
- Theism and Ultimate Explanation
- Persons and Causes: The Metaphysics of Free Will
Links for things we discussed:
- Thomas Aquinas’ doctrine of analogy
- Brian Leftow, Time and Eternity
- Stephen Weinberg
- Baruch Spinoza
- Mandelbrot set (and a 3D versions)
- Gottfried Leibniz, “The Ultimate Origin of Things“
- Bill Rowe, Can God Be Free?
Philosophia Christi will publish a book symposium on Theism and Ultimate Explanation later this year, including reactions to the book from several authors, for example Graham Oppy, Samuel Newlands, Peter Forrest, R.C. Koons, and T.J. Mawson.