Today I interview philosopher Jesse Prinz. Among other things, we discuss:
- Are moral judgments anything more than emotional responses?
- If so, what does this mean for what is right and wrong?
- What about Sam Harris’ TED Talk about morality? Is he right?
Download CPBD episode 056 with Jesse Prinz. Total time is 1:07:16.
- Jesse Prinz
- Prinz, The Emotional Construction of Morals
- Prinz, Gut Reactions: A Perceptual Theory of Emotion
- Prinz, Furnishing the Mind: Concepts and Their Perceptual Basis
Links for things we discussed:
- Moral psychology, meta-ethics, and normative ethics
- Prinz, “The Emotional Basis of Moral Judgment“
- Alice Isen
- Joshua Greene
- Implicit racism testing
- John Stuart Mill
- Marc Hauser and John Mikhail
- Prinz, “Can Moral Obligations Be Discovered Empirically?“
- Sam Harris’ TED Talk and upcoming book on morality