New at lukeprog.com: Review Articles.
New at Less Wrong: What Curiosity Looks Like.
At Facing the Intelligence Explosion: Don’t Flinch Away.
New at lukeprog.com: Nonfiction Book Choices for a General Audience.
Alonzo Fyfe: A Basic Review of Desirism, Desirism and Neurobiology.
Luke Barnes summarizes much of the fine-tuning literature, and in particular critiques Victor Stenger’s new book The Fallacy of Fine-Tuning.
Since I’m in the mood…
- Ys by Joanna Newsom, 2006
- 6 by Supersilent, 2003
- La Pasión según San Marcos by Osvaldo Golijov, 2001
- Disappeared by Spring Heel Jack, 2000
- Whatever You Love You Are by The Dirty Three, 2000
- Evangelista by Carla Bozulich, 2006
- The Little Match Girl Passion by David Lang, 2007
(I’m sure I’m missing quite a lot. I’ve consumed far more music than film, but musical opinion is less trustworthy and less well-aggregated than film opinion, especially in jazz and the avantgarde.)